The media coordinator will be responsible for supporting the media team while learning and developing proficiency with systems and the process of media planning, buying, trafficking and reporting. This includes allocation of budgets, negotiation of rates, schedules and positions, creation and processing of insertion orders, assembling creative specifications (specs) and billing (vendor and client). The MC will prepare and maintain spreadsheets, campaign recaps and reports, media authorizations and contracts and provide administrative support.
The role involves translating media plans into orders to be input into STRATA and forwarded to media partners to be processed and confirmed and for trafficking digital media assets (ad serving via DoubleClick) and coordinating materials for print and broadcast buys.
As time allows, the MC will be encouraged to conduct ongoing research on digital trends, attend meetings with vendors and assist with proposals and other information needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support for the media team.
- Work with internal teams and media partners to ensure buys run accurately, on- time and within budget
- Provide support in gathering digital assets, trafficking placements, and pulling reporting for campaigns
- Act as a liaison between account, creative and traffic departments to ensure deadlines and project requirements are met.
- Compile required reporting and create dashboards from various media buying and analytics platforms
- Ensure all insertion orders are received and documented for timely implementation.
- Generate monthly billing reports, updates billing spreadsheets and assist media team with invoice reconciliation
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 4-year college degree
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of KPIs for online media
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience with media buying and ad serving platforms (STRATA, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Bid Manager) a plus.
- Dependable team player with “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with internal team members and departments
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Adaptable self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Able to maintain composure under high-pressure situations
- Agency experience preferred (internships included)
- This role requires strong communication and collaboration with other team members – digital media planning, community management, analytics as well as an appetite for learning and growing.
- Salary/Exempt position
- requirements: computer work, sitting for long periods of time