This strategist will guide the agency’s strategic offerings with clients. By formulating insights from data and research, the candidate will develop strategic recommendations that move clients to achieve and surpass their goals and help the agency create impactful work. This role will focus on three main elements: strategic consulting and deliverables for clients, design and conduct scalable research (qual and quant) for those clients and projects, and help the agency pitch and win new business.
- Lead and manage strategic engagements such as: strategic planning, brand strategy, go-to-market planning, communications planning, marketing strategy and creative strategy
- Add strategic value to GR clients across the agency including creative, media, PR, web and content
- Mentor and train team members on strategy development
- Present strategic recommendations to clients and assist with implementation to put recommendations in place
- Manage and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects for GR clients
- Qualitative: Conduct interviews, facilitate brainstorms and manage focus groups
- Quantitative: Plan, program, implement and analyze quant research. Partner with outside research consultants as needed
- Conduct desk research/review secondary research to understand new sectors, industries, products, services
- Develop a scaled approach to research – capable of delivering insights to clients at all levels of budget and length of timeline
- Present findings to clients in a way that demonstrates confidence in our process and value in our insights
- Work with new business team to pitch and win new agency accounts. Research potential clients and new industries and add valuable insights to new business pitches to help win new clients
- Help determine opportunities to package the strategy service and demonstrate value to clients. Work with agency leadership to execute the eventual plan
- Determine what is needed to build a brand and advertising strategy team (technology, employees), build business cases and present to agency ownership, supervise and mentor team members
Ideal Candidate Traits:
The ideal candidate for the Brand and Advertising Strategist will have strong experience in both strategy and research, as the need for this role will be both gathering insights and delivering strategic recommendations. This person should have experience within an agency setting. They enjoy mentoring team members, serving as a point of contact on client engagements and presenting findings and recommendations to clients. The ideal candidate should not be afraid to dive into deep desk research to gather quick insights on a wide range of topics. The ideal candidate should be confident and well spoken, yet express aspects of humility, self-awareness and emotional intelligence. And since this is a client-facing role, should be able to build relationships with clients and gain their confidence of the work.