GreenRubino, one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, is seeking an experienced, high-energy account manager to join its growing public relations practice. If you enjoy publicizing exceptional travel destinations, love exploring the Northwest and meeting and connecting with media from around the country, you could be the ideal candidate!
What makes the ideal PR Account Manager? A love of the ever-changing media industry and how it plays a part in public relations. You’re curious and creative. You love conceptualizing and executing events and activations that make a brand or client come to life. You would look forward to exploring some of the best pockets of the region with a journalist and showing them hidden gems along the way. You’re constantly looking for the next media outlet or writer to pitch your client. You dream of top-tier media placements. You’re positive, engaging and want to make an impact. You don’t view your career as a “9 to 5” but an extension of who you are and what you care about.
- At least four years of experience in public relations, preferably with an agency.
- Experience in travel, wine and/or hospitality industries is a plus. Previous clients could include consumer brands, travel destinations, wine or hotels.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and small teams simultaneously, function as a daily client contact, and plan and execute strategies to meet the clients’ needs.
- Strong local, regional and national media relationships, preferably with consumer, business, lifestyle, wine and travel writers and/or outlets.
- Experience in media relations and PR campaign development and execution.
- Proven ability to delegate and quickly evaluate and edit the work of other team members.
- Exhibit solid writing and editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring the quality of the work, deadlines are met while paying attention to budgets.
- Play a major role in understanding the client’s goals, creating and updating their public relations plans and consistently manage against them.
- Serve as daily client contact.
- Maintain and build media relationships in the local market, as well as provide national media relations campaign ideas and strategies.
- Consistently offer strategic thinking that is current, timely and meets the client/brand marketing goals.
- Build relationships with media, local/national influencers and thought leaders to meet client needs.
- Demonstrate strong media relations skills, including creating and driving campaigns and media events.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and time management skills while juggling a portfolio of clients with various deadlines and expectations.
- Embrace a commitment to continuous learning in the public relations and marketing field.
- Supervise staff junior to you on projects.
How to Apply
Applicants must have PR experience either at an agency or in house. If you meet the qualifications and feel you would be a fit for the GreenRubino public relations team, please send a brief cover note in the body of your email explaining why you feel you would be a fit for this position. Include your resume and your salary requirements.
GreenRubino is a full-service communications firm-slash-marketing commune founded in 1977. Our experience, growth and results have established us as one of the Northwest’s most successful and respected agencies. Our point of view is clear. Marketing isn’t about selling. It’s about connecting. Pushing out content isn’t enough. We create success by establishing and sustaining connections and conversations through well-crafted stories told by smart people who’ve honed their expertise in the most relevant way possible—helping clients succeed again and again.
We do it in all kinds of ways because we’re a truly integrated agency. Truly being the key differentiator. Collectively, we deliver holistic concepts that meet all-inclusive objectives. This methodology brings a unique, clear and complete perspective to each story we tell and in every medium we utilize. As a result, we’re fluent in engagement, disruption, courage, spark, unboring, goose pimples and revolution.