We’re looking for a Seattle-based PR leader to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, curious and enthusiastic about the future of communications, and a seasoned PR pro fluent at developing and executing strategic PR campaigns, with a love of consumer public relations as that will be primarily the focus and a part of your day-to-day.
As a leading creative and public relations agency in the Northwest, GreenRubino is the leading full-service agency in the region – with our clients, our employees, and our communities. Every day, we create, ideate and bring first-in-class media relations strategies to the table. If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a growing team who are passionate about working for an inclusive employer and leaders that operate with their hearts as well as their minds, we’d love to hear from you.
You have about 4-6 years of experience in public relations, communications, and/or client service in a related field in an agency environment. You’ve worked with brands in mainly the consumer sector (food/beverage, hospitality, beauty, non-profit) but also have experience in the corporate sectors (corporate communications, education, healthcare) as well. You’ve worked on multiple account teams at once and interacted with clients regularly both leading and supporting accounts. You’re an experienced media strategist and have secured top tier coverage for your clients.
- At least four years of experience in public relations, preferably with an agency.
- Experience in travel and/or hospitality industries is a plus. Previous clients could include consumer brands, travel destinations or hotels.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and small teams simultaneously, function as a daily client contact, and plan and execute strategies to meet the clients’ needs.
- Strong local, regional and national media relationships, preferably with consumer, business, lifestyle, wine and travel writers and/or outlets.
- Experience in media relations and PR campaign development and execution
- Proven ability to delegate and quickly evaluate and edit the work of other team members.
- Exhibit solid writing and editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring the quality of the work, deadlines are met while paying attention to budgets.
- Play a major role in understanding the client’s goals, creating and updating their public relations plans and consistently manage against them.
- Serve as daily client contact.
- Maintain and build media relationships in the local market, as well as provide national media relations campaign ideas and strategies
- Consistently offer strategic thinking that is current, timely and meets the client/brand marketing goals.
- Build relationships with media, local/national influencers and thought leaders to meet client needs.
- Demonstrate strong media relations skills, including creating and driving campaigns and media events.
- Support integrated accounts (agency services beyond PR), working with creative, media and web teams to ensure agency and client success
- Demonstrate attention to detail and time management skills while juggling a portfolio of clients with various deadlines and expectations.
- Embrace a commitment to continuous learning in the public relations and marketing field.
- Supervise staff junior to you on projects.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people who identify as racial or ethnic minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At GreenRubino we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.