Harnessing their skills in designing and conducting research and using insights to inform effective strategy, the Research and Insights Manager will help GR produce impactful work and continue to demonstrate value to prospective and existing clients. This role will focus on three main elements: help GR win new business, design and conduct scalable research (qual and quant) and develop strategies that achieve and surpass client goals.
- Work with new business team to pitch and win new agency accounts. Research potential clients and new industries and add valuable insights to new business pitches to help win new clients
- Help determine opportunities to package the R&I service and demonstrate value to clients. Analyze best clients and projects to pursue and build a strong go-to-market strategy. Work with agency leadership to execute the eventual plan
- Determine what is needed to build a Research and Insights team (technology, employees), build business cases and present to agency ownership, supervise and mentor team members
- Build and lead the research and insights service at GR: manage and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects for GR clients
- Qualitative: Conduct interviews, facilitate brainstorms and focus groups, engage in secret shopping activities
- Quantitative: Program or work with agency partners who program software such as SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics, analyze data sets
- Conduct desk research/review secondary research to understand new sectors, industries, products, services
- Develop a scaled approach to research – capable of delivering insights to clients at all levels of budget and length of timeline
- Present findings to clients in a way that demonstrates confidence in our process and value in our insights
- Lead and manage strategic engagements such as: strategic planning, brand strategy, program and product design, go-to-market planning, communications planning, and marketing strategy
- Add strategic value to GR clients within PR, Web Development, Creative and Marketing/Advertising services
- Mentor and train team members on strategy development
- Present strategic recommendations to clients and assist with implementation to put recommendations in place
Ideal Candidate Traits:
The ideal candidate for the role of Research & Insights Manager will have strong experience in both research and strategy, as the need for this role will be both gathering insights and delivering strategic recommendations. This person should have experience in strategy and research ideally within an agency setting. They enjoy mentoring team members, serving as a point of contact on client engagements and presenting findings and recommendations to clients. The ideal candidate should have agency background and experience with both B2B and B2C clients. The ideal candidate should not be afraid to dive into deep desk research to gather quick insights on a wide range of topics. The ideal candidate should be confident and well spoken, yet express aspects of humility, self-awareness and emotional intelligence.