We’re seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Account Manager, Public Relations. This is a 3-4 month limited term position starting in February 2020.
In this position, you will serve as the day-to-day account manager on 3 clients in the business and consumer travel, tourism and hospitality industries.
The ideal candidate will have a strong media relations skill set, specifically in national media relations in the travel space, knowledge of the local/regional media market (in/around Seattle) and the experience and knowledge required to confidently and effectively lead and collaborate with clients and internal teams to ensure successful results and ongoing earned media results for our clients.
If you’re an enthusiastic, team-oriented leader with a passion for public relations that exceed expectations, we want to talk to you.
- Serve as day-to-day account manager for clients and lead account teams
- Local, regional and national media relations for client list, producing earned media results that map to client’s coverage goals
- Conduct regular client meetings, provide status reports, track and manage budgets and develop schedules and project plans
- Create and execute public relations campaigns and strategies that have the ability to move the needle for clients/brands
- Draft and edit press releases, media alerts and pitches quickly and efficiently
- Organizing media visits and itineraries for travel and hospitality accounts
- Drafting talking points and media briefs for media appearances and interviews
- Build mutual trust and respect with internal teams, clients and vendors – follow through on commitments and be a supportive team player by anticipating needs, mitigating risk, resolving conflicts and roadblocks.
- 8 – 10 years of public relations experience overseeing and managing PR campaigns and media relations efforts either in-house or as a part of an agency environment
- Must be a team player, able to lead and collaborate with internal teams, clients and media
- Seamless account management style – organized, efficient and ability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously.
- A passion for media relations and securing top-tier coverage for clients
- Impeccable client and internal communication (written and verbal) and relationship management skills
- Detail-oriented, displayed through communications, planning documents and project schedules
- Highly responsive via phone and e-mail to clients, media and internal teams.
Organized and proficient on Microsoft Outlook, understanding that e-mail is the way most clients and media choose to communicate with us. You must know how to set up and organize meetings, conference calls and keep your workflow organized at all times.